The SLAC In-Person Meeting will be held on August 4, 2014, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm cdt, Omaha, Nebraska. The in-person meetings have proven to be more productive and your attendance is strongly encouraged. There are no registration fees or discounted hotel room block.. The meeting discussion documents will be emailed at a later date and you must print the documents to bring to the meeting as they will not be available for handout onsite. You will be on your own for lunch and several restaurants are located within walking distance. The SLAC Meeting will precede the Certification Committee and Audit Committee Meetings which are scheduled at the same location on August 5-8, 2014. It is important that you reply to confirm the number of in-person attendees from your state for the purpose of meeting room set-up. SLAC Delegates who plan to represent your state by teleconference must reply to determine which states are represented to vote. The teleconference call number/webinar invitation will be emailed separately prior to the meeting.
The Security Office at the State Office Building in Omaha likes to have a list of non NE state employees that will be in the building for a few days.
Please send the names of attending individuals to Sherry McCormick.
Nebraska State Office Building
1313 Farnam Street, Room 218
Omaha, NE 68102-1871
1. Proposal for amendment to Governing Board Rule § 809 – Issue raised by the Business Advisory Council (BAC) at 2013 Governing Board Meeting MC13011
2. Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) Federal Implementation (remote seller Legislation)
• Voluntary Exemption Disclosure Matrix
• FAQs – Questions related to local Government issues and non-sales tax states
3. Discussion of Proposal to Change “Best Practices” nomenclature to “Disclosure of Practices” - SSUTA § 335 and § 328 MC14006
4. Post Transaction Issues–SL14007