Register to collect and remit sales tax in 
all Streamlined States


Already Registered?  LogIn

You are responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax to each state beginning with your “registration date”.

Total Active Registrations:  28153
(33% of the businesses registered through the SSTRS contract with a CSP
(as of 4/30/2024)

Streamlined Full Member States

Click on state for state specific information

Associate Member States

Filing Sales and Use Tax Returns


For information on a specific state's requirements about filing, paying, tax rates, taxation of products, or exemptions, please contact that state.


If you did not contract with a CSP, you are responsible for filing the sales tax returns with each state using their online filing systems.  The state’s registration letter will have information as to how frequent you will need to file the returns. 

States will expect you to file returns each reporting period even if you have no tax to report.

Some states may have you file as needed or on a "casual" filing basis. That means you file when you have sales.

If you registered prior to February 11, 2019, and you indicated you did not have sales in a state when you registered, but you now have sales, contact that state to have them set your account up to accept returns.  You are registered in the state and will not be required to re-register.

Do not ignore notices from a state.  If you do not understand why you received a notice, contact the state as soon as possible to discuss.


The Streamlined Sales Tax™ Registration System is only for registration. No returns are filed through Streamlined.


Stopped having sales in a state?

If you do not have sales in a state and have no registration requirement in that state, you may end your registration for that state through the SSTRS.   


Did you contract with a Certified Service Providers (CSP)?

If you contracted with a CSP, the CSP will file your return and remit your tax to each Streamlined Member State each month.  The CSP will file a Simplified Electronic Return (SER).   

If you are required to collect and remit taxes in a state before the date the CSP will begin providing services, you can register through the Streamlined Sales Tax™ Registration System (SSTRS) at anytime. The CSP will update your account when their services begin. You are responsible for collecting the tax and filing the returns until the CSP begins providing services to you.


Did you end your contract with a Certified Service Provider (CSP)?

If you stop using a CSP, you are responsible for filing returns with each state until you have another CSP under contract.



Returns and Payments FAQs

When do I start filing and remitting taxes?
When are returns and taxes due?
Who do I contact for help on filing and paying taxes?
I contracted a Certified Service Provider. How are my returns filed?
What is a Technology Model One or Model Four?
What is a Simplified Electronic Return (SER)?
What is Part 2 of the Simplified Electronic Return (SER)?
Who can file a Simplified Electronic Return (SER)?
I canceled my registration. Do I still need to file returns?
Do I need to file returns if I no longer meet the Remote Seller Threshold set by a state?